Thursday, January 29, 2009

Got a case of the giggles...

Don't you hate when you are thinking of something funny and can't stop laughing and then the people around you seem to question your sanity. Today, while working I could not stop laughing whilst roaming through the stacks looking for lost books.

One of the ladies I work with told me about a time that she pushed an entire cart of books down an elevator shaft. Hahahaha. It makes me laugh out loud right now as I type this...still in the library.

I claim to be the Lady of the Library, but I never talk about books. Doi. I'm a reading fool and I'm always devouring a good read.

Last week I read Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith by Beth Holloway. It was about the girl, Natalee Holloway, that disappeared in Aruba in 2005. It was really interesting to get an insider's view of what was going on. A short and easy read.
DISCLAIMER:I then became obsessed with reading about this case though.

I'm a sucker for memoir's...especially the crazy-I-can't-believe-this-really-happened ones. If you like the same, read Jesusland. The author's name escapes me, but it is really good.

Ok, off to class to talk about books and kids and developmental reading.

Toodles,
V

No comments: