Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's just to that point that I'm just getting older.

Today is the day that I make my descent into the "old as balls" bracket. It's true...I am 23 years of age this day. Twenty-two was pretty good, but I anticipate this year to be great, grand wonderful, because really what else do I have going for me at the boring age of 23.

This birthday has been the absolute greatest. I woke up this morning to text messages and an e-mail from Erin with the greatest card Liza Minelli's face smiling back at me) and song. Dillon has been here all week so I got him stirring and he drove me to get my hair cut. New 'do for a new year. No? We came back to my apt. just to fart around really. We did some tidying up. Later in the afternoon, flowers were delivered to my apartment from Toni! I cried. Not only because I miss her terribly and this will be the first birthday in many years that we will not be able to celebrate, but also because it was seriously the sweetest thing ever.

I got many calls and messages throughout the day from everyone wishing me happy birthday and I greatly, greatly appreciate it. It made my birthday grand really.

Dillon ordered me this amazing coat from Urban Outfitter's that I have been wanting really, really bad. Ugh, I just love it and him for being an awesome mate and getting it for me for the big 2-3.

We had chili mac for dinner. Pretty standard for a cold evening like tonight. When we went grocery shopping on Monday, we each picked out an exotic fruit to try. He picked out a guava and I got a pummelo? Whatever the heck that is. We also got plantains just because we've never tried them. Anywho, that's for dessert. An American classic with an exotic touch on my birthday I suppose.

This weekend a whole clan of hooligans will be visiting to continue with the festivities. I am so excited!!!!

Try and stay warm on this dreadfully cold night!
V

No comments: