Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A rather ungraceful day..

I have never claimed to be graceful, but I've been having one of those overly clumsy days today.

Sure I've always been know to trip, slip, shimmy my way to the ground on many occasions, but today has been absolutely a mess.

I decided to get the ball rolling and head to the library an hour early today. With my McDonald's coffee in hand I began my typical hike through the sketchy alley behind an equally as sketchy bar to get to campus. I was cutting through the parking lot across the street and I normally walk down the right side. Hooooooowever, I was having a left (not right that's for sure) kind of day and veered to the left. I stepped off the curb on what I thought was damp cement, but what was really SLICK MUD! There was no way I was breaking that fall. Let me explain I was carrying a white canvas bag that my aunt got me for my birthday. It is really cute and has a cheesy quote about being a teacher on it and I was really trying to wait to use it until practicum because I didn't want to get it dirty...ha. With my coffee in one hand and my perfectly white canvas bag on the other side, both of my feet flew out from underneath me. As I was going down I was thinking to myself "Wow, Vanessa. You are really going down right now. Have a nice fall." The good news is I didn't spill all of my coffee. The bad news is it did get in my bag and stain most of my papers. I had to march my muddy butt home (literally...all over my last clean pair of jeans) and throw my dirty boots and jeans in the bathtub.

Later in the day I was walking through a building that I always walk through and approaching the exit doors chose the left (not right) door. Guess that sucker needs a little WD 40 because my body was for sure moving faster than that door. Crash goes Nessy's face and glasses into the door.

Let's not talk about my cereal pouring fiasco this evening either.

Meh,
V

No comments: